Samsung LE26A457 -

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Bought a Samsung LE26A457 last night and set it up. Connectivity is brilliant...load of in/outs and very simple to link everything together.

Very unsure about the picture quality though. From a distance, say 10ft it is vivid, sharp and clear. However as I got up to ptut wood on the fire I noticed the quality drop massively! Say from 5ft and/or at a side angle greater than 30degrees it appears very pixellated.

Now obviously we don't watch it that close, but has anyone else experienced this? Is it a flaw of LCD (I have had a plasma for the last 6/7 years which is my main theatre screen so have got used to that).

Additionally I've used QED Qunex RGB component cable......will using HDMI improve it much or should I stick with the cable I have?

Also the sound quality is dire.....obviously due to the downward pointing speakers mounted underneath the screen. I've connected it up to my Cyrus system though which has rectified that issue!

A

Anonymous

I have mine connected the DVD player with a cheap CA HDMI (was £30 for 2m), and the quality is good, even up close. Now, there are some cheap HDMI offers around from QED, I think. It will probably be worth yor while.

All in all a great TV, I think.

Hedgehog

A

Anonymous

Hedgehog....could you post your screen settings on here for me please so that I can do a proper test.

I've just popped out lunchtime to Richer Sounds and bought a HDMI QED Performance cable in the hope this will rectify the issue. Whilst in there I had a lok at the LG 26LG30 for £299 and must say the sound and imaging looks far superior...certainly none of the pixellating issues as our Samsung.

I'm guessing if this doesn't get rectified by tonights fettling and cable swap then I'll be returning it to John Lewis and getting something else!

Thanks,

David

A

Anonymous

THX Optimiser???? Is that the bit when I plug it in for the first time? I've gone through the instructions.....but to be honest it is perfectly feasible that I haven't done it properly!

I'll have a look at that tonight...seeing as it gets such good reviews and it is such a style little number I really want to get the best from it.

I'm thinking that if I still fail I'll get them to set it up in the store next to the display model to see if it is faulty.

Ta!

A

Anonymous

Hi, I`ve the same Tv for my back room and it is very good,the picture a solid, good colour and the sound is strong and very impressive i can`t see why you are not at all happy with it, i`ve no issues at all with it.

Enjoy

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
dasherdiablo1:
THX Optimiser???? Is that the bit when I plug it in for the first time? I've gone through the instructions.....but to be honest it is perfectly feasible that I haven't done it properly!

I'll have a look at that tonight...seeing as it gets such good reviews and it is such a style little number I really want to get the best from it.

I'm thinking that if I still fail I'll get them to set it up in the store next to the display model to see if it is faulty.

Ta!

THX Optimiser (or Optimizer to give it its correct, US spelling) is a free set-up system available on a wide range of DVDs - if you watch the video I link to above, it talks you through using it, as well as those picture modes I mention. Well worth the few minutes to get a potentially much better picture.

A

Anonymous

Hi David

I think you'll be better of following Clare's advise than relying on my settings.

Also, I'm not home at the moment, so it'll take a while.

All I would say is that there are many happy LE26A457 owners on here, so I'm sure there's something you can do to get yours sorted out, too.

Hedgehog

A

Anonymous

Thanks all for the help. Especially Clare! I ran the THX set up fom the Finding Nemo DVD and it worked a treat!!! Brilliant picture.....although now think maybe we should go for the 32"!

TRENDING THREADS