Samsung HDMI issue....anyone help?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
For the first time since purchasing the Samsung 32H5000 (November 2014) I have attempted to used the two HDMI connections on this tv. I firstly connected a Humax freeview box into the HDMI 1 connection. I got the 'Humax' logo on the screen, but from then on only a green screen. I moved it to the second HDMI, with the same results. Then I changed the HDMI cable...but again I got the same results.
I moved my Sony blu ray player onto the HDMI cables to see if I could get any joy from that, but alas I got the 'blu ray' logo screen, but only a blank screen from then on. This indicates there is an issue with the television or a setting on the television, although in my experience HDMI is pretty much plug and play. The signal received from the Humax box was a 1080P 50Hz, and from the blu ray player 1080P 60Hz.
Both machines work on all my other tv's in the house without any problems whatsoever.

Any thoughts on what it could be, before I take it back to the shop (it's still under warranty)?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Pistol Pete1 said:
The signal received from the Humax box was a 1080P 50Hz, and from the blu ray player 1080P 60Hz.

Hello Pistol Pete1, I'm not sure if this helps your problem but ... three questions.

One, how do you know that the signal from the Humax box is 1080p at 50Hz, and from the Blu-ray player is 1080p and 60Hz? I mean, what piece of equipment is telling you that?

Two, I can't believe that the signal from the Humax box is 1080p (progressive scanning). I expect that it is 1080i (interlaced scanning).

Three, I would expect the signal from the Blu-ray player (when playing Blu-rays, as opposed to playing DVDs!) to be 1080p, but why at 60Hz? Should be outputting at 24Hz, no?

TRENDING THREADS