Same old names, predictable verdicts...

I've just browsed through the latest WHFI? S&V mag at the garage, and in the 2-channel section it's deja vu.

I know this has been mentioned many times, and I've defended the mag. That won't change. But c'mon guys, can't you throw in a a 2-channel curveball? We generally know the pros and cons of the RP1 or the MA Bronze range; likewise we know that Arcam stuff generally get 4 stars, although there are the occasional exceptions (A19 and rDac to name just two).

I'm posting this out of frustration. During 2015 I haven't purchased a single hi-fi mag, which is a first since 2004.

Guess why?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
How can you criticise a mag that uses this bit of descriptive prose:

"In the wrong hands this track’s polyrhythm can sound like an injured crab tripping over a boiled-sweet wrapper, but the Studio 118s manage to make sense of it all."

Not so much a criticism... As I explained originally, I'm a little frustrated that you pretty much know what the first tests results will be generally be.

Would be nice to see Abramasen, or the latest Sugden A21SE, or revisit Wilson Benesch speakers... Michell entry-level TT blah blah...

John Duncan

CnoEvil said:

"In the wrong hands this track’s polyrhythm can sound like an injured crab tripping over a boiled-sweet wrapper, but the Studio 118s manage to make sense of it all."
That has got Simon Lucas written all over it...

John Duncan said:
CnoEvil said:

That has got Simon Lucas written all over it...

I'd like some of whatever he's on. :)

That's completely menthol!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts