Sad day for Steves Hi FI

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately a really sad day for a wonderful second hand Hifi dealer. Vandalism in the flat above the shop caused very severe flooding and all the stock was ruined. The shop is having to close with immediate

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I had also added best wishes to Steve in the future, and thanks for his help in the past.

but it was edited out!

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunatly it appears the water had been running ages, has destroyed all the equipment in feet of water and may have structurally effected the building.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
moon said:
I am sure its all insured Ben, Still doen't stop it being an absolute mare of the highest order......

I agree, and it must be very stressful for them. But as long as they were insured and they have loyal customers, this will hopefully prove a minor blip from which they will recover in time. Best of luck to them.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it was the 'final straw'. Can you imagine the hassle of negotiating the insurable value of second-hand items etc. with a Loss Adjuster.

I wish the person/people in the business every bit of good luck for the future.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well whether the business continues or not I'm sure the owners will want to get their money back if insured. I would have thought receipts for the purchase of each item is a fairly clear sign of the replacement value and it therefore shouldn't be too difficult.

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm really sorry to hear that. They've always been a great contributer to this forum, and very generous with their knowledge and experience in all things hi fi. Best of luck to them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts