SACD Stereo Source for HiFi?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've got a few SACD's kicking around but in order to play them I have to use my Sony BDP S570. Not a real problem and they sound great (especially the surround mixes). However, my home cinema set up is not as high end as my Audio System. I was wondering whether it would be practical to buy another Sony Blu Ray player that is SACD compatible (around £100) and use that as a source for playing SACD's through my HiFi system. I know I'd be limited to the 2 channel stereo layer but I could live with that.

I guess it comes down to the conversion process and DAC's inside the Sony players before the audio hits the Phono outs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark

dogspangle

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Mark Morb said:
...I was wondering whether it would be practical to buy another Sony Blu Ray player that is SACD compatible (around £100) and use that as a source for playing SACD's through my HiFi system. I know I'd be limited to the 2 channel stereo layer but I could live with that.

Hi Mark

If the two systems are fairly close, could you run a set of HQ stereo phono cables from the Blu Ray to amp?

Regards

A

Anonymous

dogspangle said:
Mark Morb said:
...I was wondering whether it would be practical to buy another Sony Blu Ray player that is SACD compatible (around £100) and use that as a source for playing SACD's through my HiFi system. I know I'd be limited to the 2 channel stereo layer but I could live with that.

Hi Mark

If the two systems are fairly close, could you run a set of HQ stereo phono cables from the Blu Ray to amp?

Regards

Good suggestion....already considered it but my HiFi is in a seperate room, don't really want to start drilling through walls or tacking a 10 metre phono cable to the skirting board. Shame, as you quite rightly suggest, it would be the easiest (cheapest) option....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts