SACD players with optical inputs?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Could you help me compile a list of SACD players which also have optical inputs, in order to be able to use the built in DAC for other digital media, please?

Many thanks,

O

T

the record spot

A list? There are many; mine (below) does, many of Sony's universal Blu-ray players do...I imagine that most carry optical, or failing that, coax too. Was there a particular model or brand that you had in mind?

nads

the record spot said:
A list? There are many; mine (below) does, many of Sony's universal Blu-ray players do...I imagine that most carry optical, or failing that, coax too. Was there a particular model or brand that you had in mind?

Your Marantz SA7001-KI has an Optical INPUT?

it is a bit of a rare beast.

T

the record spot

Oops! Doh! :O :roll:

Try again...

Marantz KI Pearl (and Pearl lite), Harman's HD990 CDP (but NOT the HD980). Okay, there's a few! :)

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hope you don't mind me asking here not sure if it would warrant its own thread i just have a quick question.

Am i correct in thinking that SACD and DVD audio are multichannel recordings? If so does that make the minimum kit for playback an av receiver? Is the point of these recordings better than cd quality or immersion into the recording by being put into the middle of a 5 speaker soundfield?

Thanks

Kev.

A

Anonymous

Ogleforth said:
Could you help me compile a list of SACD players which also have optical inputs, in order to be able to use the built in DAC for other digital media, please?

Wadia 581i, but its expensive :cry:

nads

kevin7.1 said:
Hope you don't mind me asking here not sure if it would warrant its own thread i just have a quick question.

Am i correct in thinking that SACD and DVD audio are multichannel recordings? If so does that make the minimum kit for playback an av receiver? Is the point of these recordings better than cd quality or immersion into the recording by being put into the middle of a 5 speaker soundfield?

Thanks

Kev.

Nope some are 2 channel only. Like RecordSpots Marantz. DVD-A also needs a TV screen.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks nads, I just wondered if I am missing out on something like better sound quality, or just the fact that it is multi channel giving a new dimension to the music.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Was going to say SA8004, but it is USB only.

Only others that come to mind are pretty pricey (Esoteric, Luxman)

A

Anonymous

Thanks, but from what I can tell, the Harman isn't an SACD player.

O

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
As far as SACD 2 channel vs surround, I think it is mainly the atmosphere and different mixing that can be done with 5 channels rather than getting better sound quality. In fact, considering the relative performance of similarly priced stereo and multichannel amps, you could be looking at worse sound quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts