SACD down mixing from multi-channel to stereo

Nice choice the Oppo! I went for one as well.

As far as I am aware nothing is 'lost' in the way of digits as the 5 channels are simply amolgamated (using witchcraft) into a stereo pair.

Now I'm waiting for someone to tell me that is rubbish.... :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As long as you choose two channel for SACD in the audio menu, you won't lose anything. Other than the space that should be occupied by a certain instruments or noises of course.

I've been listening to a few SACD's today (Pink Floyd/Nine Inch Nails) but they were all multi-channel. The Nine Inch Nails one has to be the most impressive I've heard yet - not that I've heard many though, to be honest.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The reason i ask is becouse i have an SACD of The Doors,it is in multi-channel but the surround and center channel's arn't as audable as most other SACD's,so...anyway,i thought it might sound better in stereo....apart from 'The End'....it gets quite atmospherik :shifty:

GSB said:
The reason i ask is becouse i have an SACD of The Doors,it is in multi-channel but the surround and center channel's arn't as audable as most other SACD's,so...anyway,i thought it might sound better in stereo....apart from 'The End'....it gets quite atmospherik :shifty:

Brilliant SACD, just wish I had it. I do,however, have it on vinyl and you are right about 'The End' ....makes me go all Apocalypse Now! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts