Russ Andrews GQ 24

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
yes but make sure you buy the one that connects to the bottom of the ipod allowing a line out as opposed to the mini jack - i would also go for the phono in this instance as think its a better cable - don't really like mini jacks as had problems with connections in past with slightly inperfect plugs

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:the one that connects to the bottom of the ipod allowing a line out

tis indeed the cable to which I refer, just wondered if the mini jack connection is much different to the phono connection; it's easier to connect to the front of my NAD 325 BEE than fiddling round the back for the phono connections but I don't want to sacrifice too much in audio quality for the sake of convenience.

I must point out that I also have CD player and turntable, so convenience isn't my highest priority, just a consideration!

idc

Leeds, top of the league! Anyway, not having tried the mini jack option I would go for phonos as they are connectors doing what they are designed to do, receiving a stereo signal, whereas the mini jack (I presume on your amp) is also a line out for headphones. But as you say convenience is important and ipods and LODs are very convenient.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
idc:Leeds, top of the league!

For now at least! Here's hoping... idc: whereas the mini jack (I presume on your amp) is also a line out for headphones. But as you say convenience is important and ipods and LODs are very convenient.

On the NAD325 BEE amp there's a socket designated for an mp3/ipod input marked MP in addition to the headphone out. No idea how good it is though.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:would still think the phono connections would be better and if you upgrade your amp the next one prob won't

I had a strong suspicion that I wouldn't get many recommendations for a mini jack version of this lead, shame the phono equivalent is double the price (or thereabouts)!

TRENDING THREADS