Running in Dali Ikon 6 floorstanders

A

Anonymous

basshound:Have just got a pair of the above speakers and would like opinions on running in time required,thanks

JoelSim's your man...

T

the record spot

Get them working a bit, stick some music on and leave them to it. Part of it will be your ears "acclimatising" to the sound of the Dali over time of course. Dali might have a recommended time and I know of one reviewer on one of the online audio forums who does a check at up to 1000 hours or so.

Me? I get whatever component working as soon as possible and as much as possible, sit back and give it a good bit of time. That's totally subjective, but there comes a point where you subconsciously recognise the sound becomes "right" or "settled" and a bit more lived in. It varies from component to component however. In general, I won't assume anything either way for a least 2-4 weeks (and you can extend that out further now I have less time to play when the babies are in the house).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I can't help really as I bought mine ex demo. They do, however, seem to be a bit smoother now than when I first got them. May just be acclimitising my ears though. I would suggest that 100 hours will suffice

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks mate,have had the cd on repeat play for a total of about 10 hours and think I hear a difference or maybe as you say just getting used to them,cd and amp are new as well so suppose they all need time to bed in.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:whats your source? did you get one of these deals?

http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/hotsystemsST_IKON6.htm

I have indeed got the Kandy pairing but didn`t get the deal from creative as they wanted excessive delivery to N.Ireland.Got the Kandy twinpack from audio affair (free delivery) and the Dali`s from avland (£20 delivery) so it can be done.HiFi Bitz refused delivery altogether,we are part of the U.K. you know!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Interested to hear what you think of them. I love mine more by the day. In fact if I were to upgrade I would definitely have Dali on the shortlist

ÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts