Running in a plasma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Do plasma screens need to be treated any differently during their first hours or days? I got mine out of the box and fired it up to be greeted with a lovely picture. Should it be run in at all? If so, what are the guidelines for a Pioneer 4280XD.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Read this and you will be sorted.

EDITED by Mods for house rules violation

ABBEY

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Not sure what the above post is all about.
Anyway, although I'm dubious on the whole running in process, I wouldn't want to put anyone in trouble by not running it in and having issues later (though I did no running in and my Panasonic plasma is still going fine after more than 3 years). The most sensible suggestion I've seen is to run it on Cinema mode (which is generally a low contrast, low brightness setting) for the first 100 hours of viewing.

A

Anonymous

Thats exactly what i am doing prof and i have a panasonic. Just to be on the safe side.

I love my new tv
emotion-19.gif

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
No need to worry about running in the Pioneer if you are using the settings from that other forum. They're fine for running in and the picture will get even better with time (which is true of most plasmas). The Kuros are generally regarded to be bulletproof when it comes to retention and screenburn, to the extent that you can almost treat them like a CRT. Although that doesn't mean you should leave it on QVC all night to check.

A

Anonymous

As far as burn goes I watched a lot of cable tv on zoom to remove the logo-only needed to do it for the adverts- I knew I was being overly careful but what the hay & my panny is fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts