running dual subs for a 70/30% HT-2 channel set up...

bass-boy68

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys , hey im very much mindful of the good things being talked about in regards to dual subwoofers for home theatre rigs as well as 2 channel music.I have the chance to purchase new or used subs but I would appreciate some of your experiences with the use of dual subs. I have a SPL1200R which is serving me well and im aware that through converstaions with others that my system could be better enhanced in the lower registar by adding another quality sub . I am wondering about adding another brand while keeping the Velo! ive been considering the SB-13 Ultra , PB-13 Ultra or anothe Velodyne SPL1200 Ultra/Optimum. they are all different in their design to my existing Velo and im wanting to know what you guys think could be the vest option. the room is 5 meters by 6 meters with a 4 meter ceiling with couch's and assorted furniture, family lounge as opposed to a dedicated theatre room.budget dictates what i can get , velo 1200 sells for arpound 2499.00 and the svs's for 2495.00 and 2799.00 , nz dollars.

Do you see ant issues pro or con with using 2 different brands or different specs.

thankyou everyone for your opinions :cheers:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I recently had both the SVS SB13 ultra and Velo spl 1200 ultra on.home demo

There was no.comparison the SVS is a completely different class.

If i were you i would sell the velo and get 1 or if you really feel the need 2 of the SB13's.

The way they pressurise the room is something else. Really musical tight and accurate sounding sub that supports the mains is such a way it elevates the whole systems sound.

The velo doesnt get close to doing that.

You might only need 1 SVS where you feel you need 2 of the velo.

They really are as good as all the 16 amazing reviews say

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts