Rug

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]if any pretty young ladies fancy coming round to ahem listen to a few tunes then come on, I live close to the Red Lion in London[/quote]

.........I'll assume success if we don't hear from you today ;)

A

Anonymous

Don't worry lasses, I have a bed in my hi-fi room...and plenty of Billy Paul vinyls...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hughes123"]Don't worry lasses, I have a bed in my hi-fi room...and plenty of Billy Paul vinyls...[/quote]

that was really bad wasn't it...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hughes123"][quote user="Hughes123"]Don't worry lasses, I have a bed in my hi-fi room...and plenty of Billy Paul vinyls...[/quote]

that was really bad wasn't it...[/quote]

And I dare say you wear a rug.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Eddy Current"]And I dare say you wear a rug[/quote]

I knew it was coming.

A

Anonymous

ADVICE NEEDED:

How much would you spend on a rug in percentage terms against source, amp, speakers and cabling?

I've got wool but my mate swears by acrylic or shagpile. There are some esoteric ones like leather but I think that's just snake oil, and the bang for buck upgrade beyond a certain point is not worth it.

Also size does make a difference IMHO.

The backing of the rug has to be right Hessian too, and the thicker the better to add shielding from RFI.

A red one looks good with my system.

I found a bigger soundstage, more musicality, no fatigue and tauter bass and indeed, across the frequency range. Smooth, sweet treble and articulate. Natural, spacious and airy.

Check out: http://www.rugmerchant.co.uk/index.php :)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We always used inexpensive Ikea rugs, which were about £30 or so, on the floors and walls of your old listening rooms - there's one behind me in the picture (left). They worked very well in killing reflections, and for minimal cost.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
We always used inexpensive Ikea rugs, which were about £30 or so, on the floors and walls of your old listening rooms - there's one behind me in the picture (left). They worked very well in killing reflections, and for minimal cost.

[/quote]

I tried that in my sooped up Impreza with boom box. It was a shaggin waggon man...But I crashed it into a lampost...couldn't see a thing...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not far off - Friday: hence Easter 'n all...
emotion-15.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Bless you, brother.
emotion-13.gif

Yes, Easter is always the first Sunday after a full moon following the Spring Equinox, so sayeth Papal law.

Obviously no possible connection to any pre-Christian-Europe festivals that celebrated end of winter in the same way
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
I suddenly visualised you playing the Mother Abbess in The Sound of Music.

I must be more tired than I thought...
[/quote]
Nads or Clare?

nads

[quote user="jimwall"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]
I suddenly visualised you playing the Mother Abbess in The Sound of Music.

I must be more tired than I thought...
[/quote]
Nads or Clare?[/quote] Me in a dress scary thought.... but a stag do in Newcastle in a dress was entertaining......

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Bless you, brother.
emotion-13.gif

Yes, Easter is always the first Sunday after a full moon following the Spring Equinox, so sayeth Papal law.

Obviously no possible connection to any pre-Christian-Europe festivals that celebrated end of winter in the same way
emotion-5.gif

[/quote]

what's paypal law anyways?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts