Ruark Prelude floorstanders in immaculate condition, the start of an awesome system ! ! !

olly

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Just drove 200 miles to pickup a pair of immaculate Ruark Preludes yesterday ... cherry veneer / pristine condition / aesthetically terrific (with their sloped fronts and carved name) .

I was fortunate enough to have them demoed using a Naim XS amplifier, Naim CD5i II CD player, and Cambridge Audio Streamer ! !

Beautiful clarity to say the least .

Got them back in one piece and although budget does not allow for Naim equipment, I am currently spending the next few months sourcing top end Cambridge Audio kit to produce, what I reckon, is going to be a pretty amazing system !

Amp is likely to be an Azur 651A, some version of Cam Audio DVD (proably the DVD89 - pretty much solely for music), and a streaming device - would like the stream magic 6 ideally !

Can't wait . (have sourced a 540a just to get me up and running this week) .

Any suggestions, comments, recommendations ?

Olly

olly

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Sourced a Cambridge Audio 540A r2 yesterday from a few miles away !

Can't believe the clarity - astounding !

Looks like the heart of the system is the 540A, mouth the Ruarks, just got to find some lungs ... as it were (which I think I may sourced cheaply in the form of a Cam Audio DVD (MP3 player) and a Cam Audio network player !).

Brilliant waking up this morning with my coffee .. was .. a .. joy :dance:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts