Rotel RT-02 - Pure Awsomeness

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Fantastic. This is what proper hi-fi is all about. A realistic sound at realistic prices! Picked one up from Cash Converters today for just £80 in practically perfect condition, hooked it up with the freebee aeriel and freebee interconnects to my A32 and Wharfeys (B&Ws still on order) and the result was, put simply, awsome.

This thing is way better in musicallity than my CD73...I didn't know what I was missing! So much brighter, so much clearer and so much more fun! The bass pounds along with alop and the soundstaging is sublime by any standards! The sensitivity is really good too with London stations being picked up in North Oxfordshire with nearly a full set of bars on the meter (which is a nice feature!) RDS, TA, TP, AF, PTY - you name it, it's got it! okay, bar DAB...but that's just poor by anyone's standards!

Lovelyness in a nice silver box for £80! What a deal!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Now you just need a good professionally installed roof aerial for best results.

My Solo-Mini's FM tuner section sounded excellent with just the freebie aerial connected but after I got 'blokes on the roof' and connected a decent aerial the performance really took off. (Especially on Radio 2,3 & 4)

One afternoon there was a live cello recital on R3 that I came across by chance (flicking through channels) and I could not leave my chair until it finished. It was stunning. I would estimate FM performance is at least 60 percent aerial and 40 percent tuner (no matter how good) assuming you have decent reception, which you say you have.

A

Anonymous

bretty:good for you, mate. I'm a recent convert to second-hand hi-fi, meself. Lovin those savings!

You really should check out Cash Converters - they have some serious hi-fi products for such a cheap shop! There was a nice Arcam CD73 going for £200 ex-dem, a nice pair of KEF IQ7 speakers for £200 also and some beasty Cerwin Vegas with 15" woofers for £250 reduced from £500 brand new!

A

Anonymous

chebby:No its gone.

Hmm...that's funny - there's so much stuff in the shop! About twenty TVs...ten pairs of hi-fi speakers...two Arcam DiVa amplifiers and loads of Technics amps...none of that on there, and the speakers are way cheaper in the shop!

A

Anonymous

I tell you what, this Rotel is sooo smooth! It's just right in every way!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts