Rotel RA-1570 volume going up itself...............

xerefey

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi gang,

I have a Rotel RA-1570 connected to a pair of CM1 & BW sub, since few weeks ago somehow the volume goes up by itself, it´s like the devil has posses my amp, any clue about why this is happening? i have removed the batteries from control, turned off my wi-fi by "thinking" that somehow any other signal is causing it, i cleaned with air the amp, specially at the volume knob and nothing happenes i still have the issue sometimes volume goes up little by little and some other times trough big jumps.

Any clue? should i bring a priest at home? obviously i already reported this at Rotel and there is no answer back about what could be the issue, they offered me trough a delaer to ship my amp, wait 2 weeks for an analysis and if cause is found i would have to pay for it, despite of the amp is just 14 months old.

what a shame for such a nice amp.

In the house we recently moved from, my amp would go up in volume if I turned on the florescent light in the garage. Don't ask me how, but I assume some sort of RF emission? It was no coincidence. Once I'd found out, it did it most times.

Just wondering...

TrevC

nopiano said:
In the house we recently moved from, my amp would go up in volume if I turned on the florescent light in the garage. Don't ask me how, but I assume some sort of RF emission? It was no coincidence. Once I'd found out, it did it most times.

Just wondering...

Those CFL bulbs can do the same. I had a TV in for channel hopping that was caused by one of those.

TrevC

xerefey said:
Hi gang,

I have a Rotel RA-1570 connected to a pair of CM1 & BW sub, since few weeks ago somehow the volume goes up by itself, it´s like the devil has posses my amp, any clue about why this is happening? i have removed the batteries from control, turned off my wi-fi by "thinking" that somehow any other signal is causing it, i cleaned with air the amp, specially at the volume knob and nothing happenes i still have the issue sometimes volume goes up little by little and some other times trough big jumps.

Any clue? should i bring a priest at home? obviously i already reported this at Rotel and there is no answer back about what could be the issue, they offered me trough a delaer to ship my amp, wait 2 weeks for an analysis and if cause is found i would have to pay for it, despite of the amp is just 14 months old.

what a shame for such a nice amp.

Try covering the display window, somewhere behind it probably lies the infra red receiver for the remote. It's hard to tell from the picture. You could just temporarily leave a tea towel over the entire front.

TRENDING THREADS