Rotel RA-10 vs Cambridge Audio 651A Amp

steveh20man

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has experience with both these amps. I am looking to upgrade starting with the amp, then CD player and eventually replace my Polk Audio bookshelf speakers. Both these are well regarded and on budget at £350 - but no hifi stores sell both so I am unable to compare directly. What Hifi seems to love the Rotel, but the Cambridge Audio is also well regarded by many, and it was actually £100 more expensive when reviewed here. It also is more powerful and has useful features such as a remote and USB input, but I am keen to hear how they compare for sound- which is more impressive? I generally listen to indie / folk / rock and occasionally jazz. I'm open to altrnatives including second hand if any one wants to suggest an alternative within a £350 max budget

newtohifijkt

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
the rotel will "sing" good for rock music. Never heard CA. But i read that rotel and CA may share somewhat similar characteristic (a bit on the bright side).

but the CA 651A has more power though (75 watts compared to Rotel's 40 watts) . in my case, I upgraded from NAD C320BEE (50 watss) to Rotel 06 (70 watts). Happy with rock music. Very controlled, authoritative with deeper and better bass than that of NAD.

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
the rotel is the punchier sounding one, imo

I had the cambridge at home , it went back the day after, flat lifeless bass in my system, could be a mis match though

if it was me it would be the rotel RA10 anyday over those two

danbeatles78

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

i'm thinking of using the Rotel RA-10 to run some Dali Zensor 3's and DZ1's - using Sonos Connect to play my NAS files

would this be a good fit?

danbeatles78 said:
Hi,

i'm thinking of using the Rotel RA-10 to run some Dali Zensor 3's and DZ1's - using Sonos Connect to play my NAS files

would this be a good fit?

Hi danbeatles78

Are you looking at the amp or speakers? If the latter are you looking at running Z3's and Z1's off the same amplifier?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts