Rotel RA-04 amp and Marantz CD6002 CD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi People,hope all is well :)

Just wanted to get your views on the Rotel RA-04 amp and Marantz CD6002 CD Player combo (to be paired with B&W 685 Bookshelf).

Is it a wise choice to get two different makes for an Amp and CD combo or do they work better if there the same brand?

Please let me know what you guys think,thanks a lot for your help.

P

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I use this combination, the Rotel and Marantz work perfectly together. I didn't like the B&W 685 speakers so I now use the Focal Chorus 706V. This combination sounds just perfect IMO.

chorus-706V.jpg

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
lall360:

Just wanted to get your views on the Rotel RA-04 amp and Marantz CD6002 CD Player combo (to be paired with B&W 685 Bookshelf).

Is it a wise choice to get two different makes for an Amp and CD combo or do they work better if there the same brand?

P

The Rotel/Marantz/B&W pairing is a fantastic one - bags of bass. If you're looking for a slightly more melodic listen, however, the matching Marantz amp (the PM6002) beats the Rotel for midrange performance (vocals, especially).

A

Anonymous

The Rotel/Marantz/B&W pairing is a fantastic one - bags of bass. If
you're looking for a slightly more melodic listen, however, the
matching Marantz amp (the PM6002) beats the Rotel for midrange
performance (vocals, especially).

Hi Clare, thank you for your response.

Although I do listen to a lot of music focusing on Bass line, I do have a very broad spectrum of genres of music that i'm into, from the Low frequencies of reggae,through to Dance-Pop and a lot of trance/techno at the other end of the scale.

I know the only way of really knowing what I want is to demo the equipment, but in your opinion,what combination do you think works better, given the vastness of the music i listen to?

Many thanks,

P

A

Anonymous

Does anybody else have any views on the Rotel RA-04/Marantz cd6002/B&W 685 combo?

A

Anonymous

yes, I have a CD6002 and RA-05, but with Monitor Audio RS6. I am very happy with this combination. Maybe B&W sound a bit better, but it's a matter of taste...it all depends on your ears...

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
lall360:

P

I have the same options and chose the rotel over the marantz amp as theformer caused me to tap my toeas more. Either way you are in for a great system at a very cheap price and the speakers will still be good when you come to upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts