Rotel 06 Se or 1520?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im new to hi fi..... Can someone advise if its worth choosing the 1520 or RA-06 SE? or may be Ra 05 Se? with my Monitor Audio BR 5 speakers. Thank you.

A

Anonymous

I recently upgraded from the RA-06 to the RA-1520 and the 1520 is far better, sweeter and much better imaging. For me is a no brainer.

A

Anonymous

Last month I upgraded from Rotel 05 to Rotel 1520. Classical music sounds (at last) right. But the control of bas is much better too. Chemical Brothers the first track of We Are The Night CD was too complicated for Rotel 05 with the new amp it is well controlled and you get the music not chaos. And the stereo effect (when the speakers are 4 feet from the wall) unbelievable! I use B@W 685. And during audition I heard and compared 685 with CM5. In one track in Andreas Vollenweider CD CM 5 played two sounds (low ones) when 685 just one! So my advice is: Rotel 1520 but the speakers ( later)... get Monitor Audio Silver RX 6 or better

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
I wonder if the Rotel 1520 would be better than my current setup of a Rotel RC-03 pre-amp and 2 x Rotel RB-03 power amps running in bridged mono mode? I have a need to reduce these 3 boxes to one
emotion-6.gif

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:

Hi smbmetal

I would say no. If you have to reduce the component count and would prefer Rotel then please also consider their RA-1062 as imo it is the finest amp they've produced in the last ten years.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick,

I thought so
emotion-6.gif
Is the RA-1062 still for sale do you know? Do you know how much I would need to spend to equal the quality of my current setup with just one amplifier?

Thanks,

Simon.

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:
Hi smbmetal

I would say no. If you have to reduce the component count and would prefer Rotel then please also consider their RA-1062 as imo it is the finest amp they've produced in the last ten years.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Finally, I'm Waiting My new RA1062(same price to Ra05(no SE) ) Come To my Place, hope Match with my BR5.

A

Anonymous

That's a flippant comment.

I've used an RA05 with BR5s for 5 years, lovely tonal balance, detail, resolution, and bass.
I chose this combination myself based on the 5 star review of the BR5s in What Hifi (2007) suggesting the RA05 as a
partnering amp.

They might vear slightly on the bright side with some material, but that's the price you pay for all of the above,
for such little money.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I have to confess the Rotel ra-1520 is a good amp - but it takes an age to run in.

I've had one for the best part of this year and in the year I've had it its been in and out of my system a few times each time totally dissatisfied with my purchase. I recall turning it on for the first time, it filling the room with that new amp smell, it sounded o,k but compared to my out going amp it was lacking in so many areas. But this time round somethings happened, its like the amps clicked, its driving my speakers with alot more control than it did.

The bass is much improved and the vocals now are richer with more low end information available. Its also dealing with female vocals alot better than it was, more controlled less 'screechy', the imaging is also much improved this time its genuinly pushin the music outside of the confines of the speakers. It use to be a fatigueing amp for me, but this last spell its alot calmer and relaxing. (settled on the QED performance 2 interconnect, suits it more than the Crimson plus imo)

The volume on it is still an issue for me, with well recorded music it loses control of the speakers when pushed above 9 (and a half) o'clock on the volume dial, but its now starting to play my reference cds well.

I'm suprised by it to be honest 9months to break in,

Its a worthy amp but you'll need patients to get the best from it if the unit I have is anything to go by.

TRENDING THREADS