Room Treatment

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just spent some time acoustically treating my room and the differenc it has made to my Hifi is unbelievable. It has made more difference than when I upgraded my amp for example. I would recomend it to anyone as the results are vast and the cost minimal.

Has anyone else found this?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Can you elaborate on your acoustic treatment's or is it all on the quiet................................................

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
How about posting some pictures?

I have also done some acoustic panels in my space and up until last week I would have said the impact was subtle, but last week I had to temporarily move my system to a different room that is identical in dimensions, but missing the wall panels. While my system was in the other room I was not as happy with the SQ. Yesterday I got to move everything back to my room and all is well again. Now I would say that the acoustic panels are really working a treat. The biggest difference was in the crispness of the bass output. Bass is just cleaner and tighter with the acoustic panels. I really think it's the panels I have directly behind the speakers (which are rear ported) that are repsonsible for the improvement...

A

Anonymous

Sure, i placed acoustic pannels on the wall directly behind my speakers. I also placed some on the ceiling above and on the walls to the side. On the walls to the side I placed them at the point where the sound would reflect at an equal angle to reach my ears, which was approx half way between the speakers and my listening point. I also placed a thick heavy rug infront of the speakers. Behind my lsitening point, on the wall, I added some book shelves to try and randomly disperse the refleted sound.

I did a lot of research on the subject that all suggested that behind the speakers and to the sides, absorbtion is key, and behind the listener its all about despersing th reflections in lots of different directions.

All the foam pannels were bought for a cost of about £150 and they are held on the wall by little velcro circles with double sided tap on the back.

I am curious to learn as much as possible about room treatment son maybe if anyone has any thoughts they would like to share?

A

Anonymous

@ jax wired

I saw in the photos section of this site your pictures of your panells. Yours look much more aesthetically pleasing than mine, mine are bought from studio spares catalogue and are the foam pyramid type. Your whole set-up was looking really nice :) I will upload some pictures soon so you can see how I have done it. It makes sense that the difference is in the bass, seeing as the resonance of a large sized room is going to bee fundamentaly low. I just find that the sound is a lot tighter in the bass too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts