Room size for Spendor A6/A5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my current Dynaudio 52 with a pair of floorstanders. Anyway i want a qualitative upgrade and a speaker which is easy to place rather close to the wall. My room size is approximately 4x5 meters. Would the A6 model fit or would it become to bass boomy? My system consist of a Roksan M2 amp, Rega P5 together with Dynavector 10x5 with a Harmony design phono stage. Also interested in the relative merits of Proac D18 and Rega RS5 in terms of Neutrality/natural, bass, timing, warmth, fatigue-free listening etc.

Best regards

Tobias

Welcome...

After a decent listen to Caspian M1 with Spendor, I came away feeling a bit mixed. I liked it but just felt it was missing something (probably the Spendors aren't my bag). With that in mind, I'd suggest you demo some PMC GB1is or FB1is. I'm very biased in that I love the PMC sound.

Certainly a dem is needed.

If you can try and locate Totem Arro... they could be a dream combo.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the information. I´ll see if i can demo the PMC. Anybody else having heard the A5/A6 with Roksan M2?

/Tobias

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Haven't heard that combo but was thinking of A5 or A6 myself a while back, my room is 2.8M x 3.3M. Spendor suggested that the A6 may actually be easier to place than the A5 in a smaller room.

Usual advice though, demo them side by side & against the PMC's & any other speakers you want to try or are suggested by others to find out what sound you like, then get a home demo.

A

Anonymous

Fennermachine, thanks for the information. So i guess i have to audition Spendor A6, Proac D18, PMC (difficult to find in Sweden).

/Tobias

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts