Roksan Xerxes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The motor on my TT is whirring on 33rpm and even louder on 45 rpm but fails to turn the platter. The power supply is fine so I need a repair or a new motor. Would anyone know where I might be best to source a motor and will I be able to fit it myself or best left to the pro`s.

Thanks

Will

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
is the pulley driving the belt turning with the motor, or is the shaft spinning but the pulley not. If the former, could just be that the belt has stretched and doesn't have enough tension to transmit drive from pulley to platter.

In either case, sounds like a call to Roksan is in order for advice.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew,

The motor vibrates gently but does not turn? The belt could do with replacing which as you know isn`t a problem so im thinking its not the AC power supply !

Will Roksan be able to repair, I am the only owner and should be registered with Roksan.

What might be the most cost effective? could I find a motor elsewhere? Thinking of cost because I`ve got an SME IV to purchase (i sold the original) . Oh and I have a Lapis Lazuli MC Cartridge which was used sparingly , in a box. Will it after 20 years be up to the job and still working, Im hoping so after the money it cost back then. As you can guess Im no expert, guidance was afforded me by a good friend who has now passed away.

Many thanks in advance.

Will.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts