ROKSAN KANDY K2 or CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 840A

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Roksan

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Both are very fine amps, I think you may wish to take in to consideration the built in phono stage of the K2. With this feature you will be able to consider the K2 as a very complete one box solution, in addition you will also find a tape loop and an audio bypass facility dedicated to connection from an AV amp/processor.

I strongly recommend that you look for a Richer sound outlet that sales both the K2 and the Cambridge audio and compare them with your current speakers.

Should you require additional information or assistance please contact me again at a time convenient to you, I will be delighted to help in any way I can.

Kind regards,

Reuben Klein

info@roksan.co.uk

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
So a manufacturer suggests listening to his and a competitors product = blatant marketing. How does that work then?

You mean he briefly mentions another product whilst pointing out all the features of their product and does the same thing in another thread at the same time.
I find it distasteful, we've always allowed manufacturers here but only on the understanding that they don't directly promote their products, only offer help, advice or opinions. This is different and not in a good way.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I heard in the store the CA 840 V2 it was very detailed and bright also I heard the ROTEL RA 1520-A great amp too!

Eventually the store agreed to give me the ROKSAN KANDY K2 to my home for the whole weekend for free !

I must admit that it is a great amp. It's producing a lovley whorm sound very deatiled , It's creating a solid 3D stage sound ,

The mid is good and the bass is punchy without being aggresive . I will probably buy this jewel eventually ...

:dance:

Keep you posted !

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I finally bought the ROKSAN KANDY K2 !!!

The reasnos for my decision to buy it :

1. the amp has a strong bass without beanig aggressive and the mid is very clear .

2. the amp has a vey good sound stage .

3. a very good phono and headphones inputs.

4. A very sophisicated remote control .

5. Its look is solid and impressive .

6. very strong power .

Cheers !

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks tonky !

I heard the CA 840A too it is a great amp has a very intresting and uniqe sound , I had a big dilemma ...

I prefered the ROKSAN because :

1. the CA doesn't have a phono input

2. the bass in the CA is weak .

3. the CA failed to creats a solid sound stage .

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree with Gerrardsnails, the 840 is definitely not bass shy by any means. Bass is deep and tight, never boomy. Some people might mistake this as being bass light.

Sabby said:
I have to agree with Gerrardsnails, the 840 is definitely not bass shy by any means. Bass is deep and tight, never boomy. Some people might mistake this as being bass light.

I second the comments by you and Gerrard, the Cambridge certainly doesn't lack bass. Howeer reading the last comment by the OP I think he means the Roksan K2 has a smoother presentation, although could be wrong.

Warmth can sometimes be misinterpreted as more (if that makes sense).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts