Richer Sounds Returns?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all i bought a UE40ES6300 from Richer Sounds store in Bath and i am very disappointed with the picture which looks washed out and lacks detail on HD and is also poor on SD broadcasts. Im just wondering if i can return the set as it is less than 4 days old. I have looked on Richer Sounds web site and it says Goods, other than faulty goods, may be returned within 7 working days of the date of receipt by you of the goods. does this mean items i have opened and used?

A

Anonymous

Yes i have tryed everything even tryed setting it up using my Thx disc which made no difference. I have a 4 year old samsung 40in in the bedroom which cost a lot less and leaves it standing on all acounts im just wondering if they are using cheep panels.

hyettdman

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've got the samsung ue46es6800 and they do appear to have used different screens on the new 6 series range,unlike last years d6530 they used ultra clear panels which were more lifelike. I've got to admit when i first got the es6800 i was dissapointed with the picture,exspecialy when i owned last years d7000 and got a real taste of proper good picture quality,but the d7000 had to go back for quite a few reasons. If you play about with the settings you can get a real pleasing picture,and i'm sure the es6300 is'nt much different. One thing i would say about the es6800 is when you watch bluray films the tv knocks quite a few spots of last years d7000 in quite a few ways,it's more cinematic,detail levels are very good and the motion is really solid.

A

Anonymous

Forseti said:
Yes i have tryed everything even tryed setting it up using my Thx disc which made no difference. I have a 4 year old samsung 40in in the bedroom which cost a lot less and leaves it standing on all acounts im just wondering if they are using cheep panels.

I'm so glad someone else has the EXACT same issues as me! I had an Samsung LE40M87BDX which died on me, and so I replaced it with the ES6300 and what an utter dissappointment. The picture quality was shocking with a major tints of green and purple in places (especially in dark scenes) - it was truly nauseating and difficult to "unsee" it (even in some HD stuff like Eastenders etc). I too also calibrated the set (but using AVS609 not THX) and it was still terrible. Complained to the retailer, who then sent two young Samsung technicians around - who told me they couldn't see the problem and that it was in spec! They must have been blind, but then they also said a gold-plated HDMI cable would make the world of difference so perhaps they were a little dim as well (afterall HDMI is digital and not analogue) - worrying that an apparently qualified technician was spouting that garbage. I mentioned things like colour gamut and Rec. 709, and YCbCr and they looked at me as if I was talking French. Anyway a very dissapointing purchase - and to top it all of the viewing angle is about 10 degrees.

Not sure what to replace it with tho - was thinking about the LG 42LM660T but the gaming lag is awful, and a plasma alternative TX-P42ST50B (but this is much more expensive). It seems that unless you splash out around £800 these days - you can't get a decent TV.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
GriffterUK said:
...sent two young Samsung technicians around - who told me they couldn't see the problem and that it was in spec!
lol "within spec?" You should have asked them what that means. The old AM radio on the shelf in my garage is still working within spec, but it still sounds sh--. Trouble is we're back to the issue of subjectivity again. Someone else could look at the picture and be perfectly happy with it, which doesn't help your cause.

TRENDING THREADS