REL or B&W for a subwoofer - opinions please?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I like to listen to both Music and watch movies and I am looking to underpin the dynamics of my current system with a subwoofer. I currently have a Denon 3802 amp with Mission speakers, a PS3, Samsung upscaling DVD player, Sky HD and a full 80gb Ipod.

My two choices so far have been the REL R305 or the B&W PV1. My questions are these:

Which would you choose and why?

If neither what alternatives would you suggest?

Will they both be good with Music and films?

Is the B&W worth £200 more than the REL?

I look forward to hearing from you.

KJINGA

A

Anonymous

hi. i have a pv1 anid it good for what it is. it's not the best sub for the price even though the mag might tell you so. the Rel is the one to go for if you want all out performance. i often wish i got the rel instead myself. depends how much you like the look of the B and w. the b and w is a 500 quis sub in a designer shell. good luck with your choice. let the forum know which you decide to go for

A

Anonymous

Got a PV1 too, it is good, goes load, has subtlety, is compact and has auto standby. It is expensive but looks the nuts in black.. People say 'what is that', I tell them it's an alien artifact........

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys I bought a PV1 today in "the nuts" black - brand new in the box £850 - good deal?

A

Anonymous

£100 off RRP, so not bad I guess. Where did you buy from?

TRENDING THREADS