admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So I got to listen several speakers and none made me enjoy music like the RS5 did. My only doubt is that may have to much bass for a 28m2 room. What do you think ?

Also would a electrocompaniet Eci-4 be better paired with the RS5 than with the Rega Elicit ?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Hi, my room's the same size more or less and I have the RS3s, pleeeeenty enough bass and sound great. Did you try those?

Folkman

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
From your same question on the other site , did you listen to a Brio3 or Elicit.

You said it was an Elicit , yet the specs you quoted were for a Brio3

Makes a big difference !

A

Anonymous

VinylRush said:
Get some RS3's instead then. Sorted :cheers:

My proposal would be: try a home demo with RS3 and RS1 (yes.. ONE). RS1 one decent stands like Dreadnoughts with their back against a wall could be a very pleasant surprise! :roll:

A

Anonymous

Other than the bass, doesn't sound different from the RS3 ? I heard the RS3 a few months before the RS5 with a brio R and I din't like the sound.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
i've made an audition of brio r and initially they had connected the rs3 and i asked to change speakers asap. they sounded like two boxes compered with my monitor audio B4, oldies but the more i ear other speakers, more i like what I've at home! then they connected the rs5, ok not so bad but I wouldn't buy them... now i'm in the process of buying new loud speakers to replace my B4's to Play with my Brio R.

With1000/1200€ budget I've thought:

MA rx6
MA gx100(bit more)
EPOS Epic 5
B&W 683 (bit more)

I prefer floorstanders but If must be standmounts they have be large, but i would like to have a refined,clean, warm sound... Any sugestions beyond this...?

Cheers

Folkman

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
AnalogEars said:
My proposal would be: try a home demo with RS3 and RS1 (yes.. ONE). RS1 one decent stands like Dreadnoughts with their back against a wall could be a very pleasant surprise! :roll:

Very good idea. Obviously it depends what sort of sound he is after and room size.

But the RS1 is NOT just a RS3 with less bass . I replaced my RS3s with RS1s on Dreadnought Broadsides and was amazed at the differences. The person who bought my RS3s soon discovered their weaknesses and started deming various speakers. Eventually bought a pair of RS1s also !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts