Rega RS5 speakers

shaunj_uk

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone on here own or have heard a pair of Rega RS5 speakers? Seen them online for a pretty good price, but unable to audition, so curious to know peoples views of them?

Thanks

Shaun

calpark46

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
As you can see from my signature I have the RS5s.

I find them to have a very well balanced delivery with plenty of snap and deep, tight bass. I can really hear the musicians playing their individual parts but gelling together.

Rega boast about them being flexible enough to be placed close to a back wall and with their front port this is certainly true. However you must give the side firing driver a bit of space or else you'll get some bass colouration. BTW I find the drivers facing out give a much better soundstage.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
calpark46 said:

I find them to have a very well balanced delivery with plenty of snap and deep, tight bass. I can really hear the musicians playing their individual parts but gelling together.

Rega boast about them being flexible enough to be placed close to a back wall and with their front port this is certainly true. However you must give the side firing driver a bit of space or else you'll get some bass colouration. BTW I find the drivers facing out give a much better soundstage.

I found this to be the best way too, drivers facing outwards on the R3 and R7 was best IME. Both worked really well near rear walls.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
hoopsontoast said:
calpark46 said:

I found this to be the best way too, drivers facing outwards on the R3 and R7 was best IME. Both worked really well near rear walls.
What size rooms would the rs3 & rs5 be suitable for ?

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the R3's in a small double bedroom, and they were fine. The R7's were used in a long and thin room, around 30m square. I would guess the RS5 and RS3 would work in anything that size or smaller.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts