Rega RS 1 vs Dali Zensor 3

AdamPB

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm on the lookout for some new speakers to pair my rp3 /brio-r. I'm currently looking at some slight-seconds RS1, but still torn if these will trump the Dali Zensor 3.

Has anyone worked with either of these?

Thanks in advance!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

Ive heard the RS1s, did not rate them at all, have not heard the Dalis. The Zensor 3s are a lot different I suspect, larger bass drivers. I doubt the RS1s will trump them, if you like your bass I think you will be disappointed. Can you hear them?

AdamPB

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Too be honest I've heard neither at this stage. I'm due to hear the zensors soon, but when I tried to book a demo for the rs1's I was told they weren't being produced anymore as they were revising there line. The rs1s would be a blind (or deaf in this case!) buy.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Rega speakers are an obvious match with your other gear but the type of music you listen to, what type of sound you want, how loud, how much bass, and speaker placement will all be factors. If you search the internet for Rega RS1 speakers, you will pick up some previous WHF threads that mention rs1's - some recommendations for them, some love them (especially matched with a rega TT and Brio), and some just don't rate them. I think there are too many variables for you to buy them blind unless they drop well below the price of the Zensors. Demo is a must really to be sure.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
AdamPB said:
Thanks for the reply. Too be honest I've heard neither at this stage. I'm due to hear the zensors soon, but when I tried to book a demo for the rs1's I was told they weren't being produced anymore as they were revising there line. The rs1s would be a blind (or deaf in this case!) buy.

My advise is dont do it. I thought the RS1s would be the ones for me, very disappointing, thought my old Mission 780SEs were better. See how the Zensors sound. I found with speakers you need to hear lots of different ones.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
AdamPB said:

My advise is dont do it. I thought the RS1s would be the ones for me, very disappointing, thought my old Mission 780SEs were better. See how the Zensors sound. I found with speakers you need to hear lots of different ones.

Interesting you mention the 780's. I had my 780's for nearly 14 years. When I home demoed the Rega RS3's and Tannoy DC6T's back in 2012 I didn't think the improvement over the 780's from either speaker was worth the £700ish outlay. I only bought the RS5's recently because they were heavily discounted.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
BigH said:
AdamPB said:

Interesting you mention the 780's. I had my 780's for nearly 14 years. When I home demoed the Rega RS3's and Tannoy DC6T's back in 2012 I didn't think the improvement over the 780's from either speaker was worth the £700ish outlay. I only bought the RS5's recently because they were heavily discounted.

Yes I was very disappointed with some modern speakers, took me sometime to find what I wanted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts