Rega RP3 into Nad D 3020

AdamPB

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could help me out. I'm looking to get a new amp which covers all grounds digital but will also cater for a RP3. With the Nad D 3020 being specifical designed as a digital amp, will the Rega show it's full potential?

Thanks in advance

AdamPB

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to say I'd plan on getting a phono. Possibly a Rega mini or Graham Slee.

I'm sure the D 3020 will do a good job, but do you think a dedicated amp like a brio might perform better?

Maybe I'm splitting hairs :)

NS496

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm running a Rega Planar 2 via a Project Phonobox preamp to the NAD D3020 and it is fine really. Some reviews I've read actually prefers the analogue inputs vs digital ones.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The Brio-R should be a step-up from a SQ perspective, the built in phono stage is good and Rega products (to my ears) sound great together. Of course, it lacks any sort of digital inputs.

The NAD D3020 with an external phono stage covers your requirements, however you will need to audition both to determine whether the Brio-R is worth the extra cash or not.

AdamPB

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Most probably going to demo both and see. I'm really tempted by the Brio-r, but it's simply the price. Everything all of a sudden looks very expensive..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts