Rega Planar 2

pegleg1945

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

My son is interested in a secondhand Rega Planar 2,it's about £150,don't know much about these turntables so can't really advise him,any ideas?

pegleg1945 said:
Hi guys,

My son is interested in a secondhand Rega Planar 2,it's about £150,don't know much about these turntables so can't really advise him,any ideas?

That seems expensive for a Planar 2. Does it come fitted with a good cartridge? This deck is quite old and, although there's not a great deal to go wrong with them, he might be better off with a Project Elemental or for £50 more a Project Debut 2.

These obviously come with warranties.

Or he might look at a second hand version of the newer Regards RP1

pegleg1945

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your advice Al,I'll pass on your suggestion.I don't know much about these turntables except they are made in uk which to me is a good reason to buy one.

pegleg1945 said:
Thanks for your advice Al,I'll pass on your suggestion.I don't know much about these turntables except they are made in uk which to me is a good reason to buy one.

I am not saying that is a bad thing, plenty of spare parts available but thought it a bit expensive . The Rega Planar 3 is a better buy if you can find one.

Good stuff can come from abroad and tends to be better value.

pegleg1945

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've passed on your advice to my boy and he's going to give it a miss,(which seems like a good idea to me).

Any thoughts on the Pioneer PL-12Ds,seems there's a lot of nice looking ones on the bay?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
GeoffreyW said:
When I bought my Planar 3 in 1983, I found the Planar 3 was night and day better sounding than the Planar 2, and they can be found for around £100 or less, in good nick.

FWIW. I found the same thing.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
GeoffreyW said:
I'm in such respected company. Did you buy a Planar 3 with Ortofon FF15E, Nytech CA202 and Heybrook HB1's, too?

I had the FF15E, but with a Trio 1033B TT. The amp was an A&R A60 with Keesonic Kub speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts