admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I'm seriously considering an upgrade from my dacmagic and I'm currently looking at the rega dac couple of questions does anyone know anywhere that does a home demo so I can try it in my system? I can't find anywhere local to me (Ipswich).

Also price seems to be £498 everywhere but I'm sure on another thread I read someone bought one for £445?

Thanks

flairdj said:
Hi I'm seriously considering an upgrade from my dacmagic and I'm currently looking at the rega dac couple of questions does anyone know anywhere that does a home demo so I can try it in my system? I can't find anywhere local to me (Ipswich). Also price seems to be £498 everywhere but I'm sure on another thread I read someone bought one for £445? Thanks

Hi flairdj

Rega's DAC is superb
smiley-smile.gif
and i feel you'll be surprised of how much of an improvement it is over the already impressive Dacmagic. If you haven't already done so then a look at the Rega dealer locator should hopefully help.

Btw, what other components do you use?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Signals in Ipswich stock the Rega DAC I think. If not then your nearest Audio t definately will.

The price you mention was the sale price in Audio T which has now ceased. Even at £498 its still one hell of a bargain. Blinding DAC.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

My current hi fi system is

New mac mini with iTunes and Pure Music , dac magic, quad 99 pre and 909 power, chord epic supertwin speaker cable, monitor audio gs20, rel stampede sub.

Quite pleased with it all just feel that if anything to get the very most out of my system the dac could be improved!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

my system is no way near as good as yours and im after a rega dac as well. Think im gonna order from audio t, shame there is no discount on it anymore :(

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i would get a level 3/4 upgrade for the dac-magic and that would beat the rega ive read of 5 or 6 of people that have compared the 2 and i said he liked the rega over it the other 5 said that rega was not as good but i have to say that i think the rega looks better. The other problem is im guessing a dac-magic with an upgrade would be harder to sell than a rega in 5 years say.

TRENDING THREADS