Rega Brio-R amp with Acoustic Energy 301 speakers?

Audioholic2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, would the Rega Brio-R amplifier be a good match with AE 301 speakers? I have just ordered the Rega Brio-R amp after reading such brilliant reviews. :) The AE 301 speakers were purchased recently and I have no intention of changing them, so I will choose to live with whatever sound this combination gives, hopefully good sound!

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Please let us know how you get on with it. I have owned a pair of AE speakers for 15 years and am quite interested to hear what you think about them

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Audioholic2013 said:
I have just ordered the Rega Brio-R amp after reading such brilliant reviews. :) hopefully good sound!

Please don't say you've purchased the Brio-R just on reviews alone?

It seems he has. Generally an unwise decision but let's hope he's struck gold with this one!

Audioholic2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Audioholic2013 said:
I have just ordered the Rega Brio-R amp after reading such brilliant reviews. :) hopefully good sound!

Afraid so! I know it probably wasn't the best thing to do, but I thought that if I did demo it in the store the sound wouldn't be the same as in my own home. Also, burn-in plays a big part in the sound, in my opinion.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi Audioholic - don't worry, the combo works really well!

We had the Rega CD/Amp pairing in the office on Friday to do some testing and I thought it matched very well with the 3-Series, sounded very close to our design system really.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you finally have it all hooked up!

Cheers,

Jim.

Audioholic2013 said:
plastic penguin said:
Audioholic2013 said:

Afraid so! I know it probably wasn't the best thing to do, but I thought that if I did demo it in the store the sound wouldn't be the same as in my own home. Also, burn-in plays a big part in the sound, in my opinion.

No dealer or store sounds the same as your own living room. Crikey, I've been to more than you can shake a stick at, but that's not the issue. Unless you hear it against other price compatible amps how do you know if the tonal quality will suit your ears? The ideal set-up isn't based reviews or hearsay, on what sounds the best to you.

Well, you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. Good luck.

Audioholic2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
AEJim said:

We had the Rega CD/Amp pairing in the office on Friday to do some testing and I thought it matched very well with the 3-Series, sounded very close to our design system really.

Cheers,

Jim.

Thanks for the reply, Jim! You've put my mind at rest :) Yes, I'm now confident that I will enjoy it!

A

Anonymous

Audioholic2013 said:
AEJim said:

Cheers,

Jim.

Thanks for the reply, Jim! You've put my mind at rest :) Yes, I'm now confident that I will enjoy it!

Enjoy your Brio, ignore pp he's anti Rega.

But you should have demoed but shhhhh don't tell pp I said that

Its a lovely amp especially for the money.

Enjoy the music

Audioholic2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
[/quote]

Enjoy the music

[/quote]

Hi, yes, the demo was probably worth doing, despite what I said about the demo room, but I just couldn't resist when I saw what people were saying about it on this forum and others. This amp must be pretty special to create such unaminous praise. Can't wait to hear it!

A

Anonymous

Enjoy the music

[/quote]

Hi, yes, the demo was probably worth doing, despite what I said about the demo room, but I just couldn't resist when I saw what people were saying about it on this forum and others. This amp must be pretty special to create such unaminous praise. Can't wait to hear it!

[/quote]

Hope you like it good luck.

What source are you going to be using.

Hopes it's a TT and for pp's it's a Rega. ;)

andybeau said:
Audioholic2013 said:
AEJim said:

Cheers,

Jim.

That's unfair. True I've been critical of Rega TTs of late. Also taken a pop at MA RS6s, Leema and Arcam in the past.

Whether that's a joke or not is irrelevent, as some newer members might take your comments as a given. I was trying to be realistic. Let's hope the Audioholic has purchased from a dealer that offers a returns policy - just in case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts