Rega Apollo a big step up from NAD C542?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've been using the NAD C542 with NAD C162 preamp and C272 power amp. I am considering an upgrade to Rega Apollo. I would like to know if this will be a good step up in performance? What improvement can I expect? Would appreciate your views.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have owned a nad c542 and have heard the rega apollo. I would say the Rega apollo is more open and detailed, a little leaner. I found the nad had a full bass but lacked alittle defintion, has rich mids and a rolled off top end. The rega apollo has a faster tighter bass,more open mids hearing finer details, its top end seem to be more refined and open too with a nice airiness about it which gave the rega good imaging properties. I would say its up another level compared to the NAD.

Cheers

Steve

Joseph73 said:
Hi,

I've been using the NAD C542 with NAD C162 preamp and C272 power amp. I am considering an upgrade to Rega Apollo. I would like to know if this will be a good step up in performance? What improvement can I expect? Would appreciate your views.

Hi Joseph73

By all means look at the Apollo CD player however i would also highly recommend looking at superb new Rega DAC and using this in conjunction with the C542. A C542/Rega DAC combination will offer a much better performance then the already impressive C542 and Apollo CD players and the Rega DAC will also give you the option of using other digital media.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts