Recommended surround sound setup for less than £500...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking to pair a surround sound kit with my tv (Panasonic 37lzd85) and Ps3, but there are so many different options I don't know where to start... can anyone suggest what I should go for, given a max budget of £500? This would mainly be for movies, but would also like something that handles music well too. The PS3 is great for bluray and DVDs, so not fussed on a DVD player, unless the best option includes that.

Ideally I'd like a 5.1 or 7.1 setup (with wireless rear speakers at that - although I've heard mixed things on these, particularly interference with wireless internet?!). The lounge is fairly large, so would need to be pretty good.

Any suggestions would be welcome! I'd like it to be fairly future proof too - so no sky or virgin at the moment, but would like to get one at some point, so want to run them through the sound setup too...

Our neighbours above and below are noisy, so think it's only right I restore the balance.

cheers,

Sam

A

Anonymous

This is your best bet (IMHO) :

Q ACOUSTICS 1010i 5.1 SPEAKER PACKAGE (Best speaker package under £750.00 - WHF Awards 2008) - £411.00 at Superfi.

Just lovely....

q-acoustics-1010-5-1-1200.jpg

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
for £500 you'll struggle for a big room, the amp choice has to be the Sony STRDG 820 (£229, Richersounds) (soon to be upgraded, see today's news from the US), and as for speakers Q Acoustic 1010i (£411 - Superfi)

Takes you to 640 or so, but is a good kit. wireless speakers - the idea strikes fear into my very core (especially at the budget end of the market).

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The thing is; reading the OP's question; it doesnt say whether he has an AV amp or not. It just lists his TV and PS3...

If youre after a good surround sound system for less than £500 and you DONT have an AV amp then take a look at the Sony DAVIS50.

It's the step up from the DAVIS10 and its superb and comes with wireless rear speakers :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts