Recommendations on cd players?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My system consists of NAD C352,

Monitor Audio BR2

Sony XB930

Now I would like to point out that I am very happy with my hi fi but if I can achieve significantly better sound with a budget of 200.00 which of course means I would look for second hand to, then I would definitely be interested.

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Hi John I am not an expert with DAC by any means but it seems to be a bigger improvement when using mp3's or lossless files, whereas most of my music is on cd and thus I am not sure how much of an improvement I would really gain from having an external DAC.

John Duncan

An external DAC has the potential to improve any source you throw at it, including your Sony CD player. However, using a couple of disc players into my DAC I've found that the increase in performance is not huge, if any. However, if you burn your CDs to a lossless format on your PC, and then feed *that* to a DAC, I have found the performance benefits to be large.

Of course, this requires a bit of a different mind set in how you listen to your music.....

A

Anonymous

Interesting so you are saying the budget cd player is now superfluous?

Unfortunately that presents a problem because there is no way of using a wire from my pc to my hi fi without creating an obstacle

John Duncan

roger_rabbit33c4-7cf78.jpg

John Duncan

Anyway. Even mid-range CD players are superfluous to me now, yes, because I can get a better sound from a Mac'n'DAC for £270. But it does require a certain amount of dedication and won't suit everybody.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I hope I am not upsetting no one but for £200 budget you better off keeping your current player as you wouldn't really notice any improvement even though it will be some change in overall sound.

John Duncan

Thaiman:
I hope I am not upsetting no one but for £200 budget you better off keeping your current player as you wouldn't really notice any improvement even though it will be some change in overall sound.

Yes!

A

Anonymous

Thaiman:

Are you referring to the external DAC? or other cd players

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts