Receiver match for B&W CM8

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all of you

I really would appriciate some advice in finding a receiver for B&W CM8 speakers. I almost decided to buy these speakers and now I need a receiver to match.

I been thinking much about Onkyo TX-NR809 which has the best price for receivers in this class (danish prices). It also has lots of good reviews. I'm thinking of buying more speakers if the money's there but right now I will use it mostly for music (music/movie = 75/25).

Will the Onkyo be a nice match for CM8?

Thanks for your advice :)

Simon

A

Anonymous

I was also considering TX-NR709 and I wasn't really able to figure out the difference between this and its bigbrother (809) except for 6 kg (13,2 lb).

Could this be a match also?

A

Anonymous

I was also considering TX-NR709 and I wasn't really able to figure out the difference between this and its bigbrother (809) except for 6 kg (13,2 lb).

Could this be a match also?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend you demo a Pioneer VSX-LX55 with them. I have the previous LX53, and works very well with the CM8s.

Great interactive iphone/ipad remote control app too.

Sliced Bread

Good choice :cheers:

My suggestion is to go for power, so if you do go for one of the Onkyo's I'd go for the 809. I imagine that extra weight is largely due to a beefier poower supply...you will want a decent tap of current for the CM8's.

I use an Onkyo 905 which seems to match well, however the newer Onkyo's have a more forward balance so I'm not sure how they will match. They might be great, but I have not heard them to compare.

I have also not heard the CM8 / Pioneer combination, howwever I've seen several recomendations for this combination too.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback :)

The price in Denmark for Pioneer vsx lx55 is 8000 kr (902 £) while the Onkyo 809 is 6300 kr (710£) almost 200 £ less.

The Onkyo weighs 8,3 kg (18,3 lbs) more than the Pioneer and while weight is not everything they must have put something good in the onkyo.

I'm not able to listen to any of the setups (CM8+809 or CM8+Pioneer) while the products are sold in different shops - the Onkyo only on the internet or in shops far away from me.

Ofcourse I listened to CM8 but together with a Denon receiver which is again much higher priced than the Onkyo.

So right now I think Onkyo 809 is the best deal. But I'm still open for other suggestions..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts