rDAC v irDAC v M-DAC

Hugh56

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone compare the rDAC with the irDAC and Audiolab M-DAC in sound quality. Is it worth the money to upgrade.

Is the there a significant different in sound quality between the irDAC and M-DAC

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it´s worth the money to upgrade if you need pre-amp function and several dac filters to select which M-Dac offers and it has also xlr outputs besides the rca outputs and can be used in parallel mode.Some say there is slight degration in sound if you do so but it is a nice feature to have the possibility to feed two different systems.

alchemy1969

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Hugh56 said:
Has anyone compare the rDAC with the irDAC and Audiolab M-DAC in sound quality. Is it worth the money to upgrade.

Is the there a significant different in sound quality between the irDAC and M-DAC

Audiolab M-DAC is great piece...way better than rDAC or irDAC...there is no one in this price range with that sound quality....

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Agree the M dac is very good dac. I got the musical fedility v90 dac & thought it was very good, but after moving house I put back the M-dac & thought it was more insightful. People say the M-dac is bright, but I dnt have that problem at all.

Hugh56

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you I will go for the M-DAC.

My next issue is what shall I replace my Nait 3 with. The 5 series is very much a side move and has lost a bit of the original Naim sound. I heard from some forums that a Recap Nait 3 with a HiCap sound better than a 5si. Any advice please.

Rgds

Hugh56

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site

My next issue is what shall I replace my Nait 3 with. The 5 series is very much a side move and has lost a bit of the original Naim sound. I heard from some forums that a Recap Nait 3 with a HiCap sound better than a 5si. Any advice please.

Rgds

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hugh56 said:

Rgds
My advice is that you go to a good hifi shop & do a lot of auditions. Am not really a fan of NAIM amps, other may give you better advice.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Already have an rdac and want to upgrade have a listen first as you might be dissapointed with the results. What i mean is tou might not hear a difference in sound.

If your looking for a good dac the mdac is very good having heard it. Also a rega dac is very good at that price point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts