Quick advice needed on Diamond 8.3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've seen some wharfedale diamond 8.3's availiable at a good price, quite fancy them.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

thanks in advance!

matthewpiano

I've still got a pair tucked away at the back of my study. They are OK. Quite full sounding and surprisingly good at soundstaging but they do lack in the rhythm stakes. Their biggest flaw is that they never quite get the feet tapping on more rhythmic music.

They work best with a warm-ish amp like a NAD. Partner with anything brighter and they start to sound a little grey.

A

Anonymous

I've got a rather warm sounding quad that they might go well with?

Currently have 9.1's and was looking at getting some stands for them, this could be a cheaper option and if not I could use them elsewhere.

don't suppose you've compared them to 9.1's?

matthewpiano

I've got a pair of 9.1s as well. The 9.1s are the better speaker IMO. Park them on a pair of Atacama Nexus 6 stands and you'll get much better sound than the 8.3s would give you.

Ideally you should seek out a pair of used Quad 11Ls - the original one. They would be the perfect partner for Quad amplification and are certainly a worthy upgrade from the Diamonds.

A

Anonymous

Bought the 8.3's - a bargain at £30.

Will use them on another system, the 9.1's are staying and I was already about to get some soundstyle z2's for them.

TRENDING THREADS