Questions for MacMini & iMac users

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering buying a MacMini or iMac as my music source, with my Panasonic PZ85 42"(for the mini) as the monitor. I'm currently using a 6 year old Dell played through a Fubar III.I have the following questions for Mac users.

1: What is the best input to use on the PZ85, HDMI or PC input?

2: I have read that 1080p can be configured on the Mini, please confirm?

3: When going on-line will the PZ85 be a good monitor for internet usage?

4: Is the iMac quiet enough to use as a music source in my lounge?

Cheers Craig

A

Anonymous

1 I have been using a DVI - HDMI lead to my TV, The PC input is not so good and will not run in the correct res.

2 Snow leopard detects my Toshiba 42z3030 and runs at the displays resolution 1080P. I bet it will do the same with the panasonic

3 Mine is fine, I use enlarged fonts, when sitting at a distance

4 I have an Imac and a MIni, I have also used the imac with the TV as well, mini displayout to HDMI. All macs are very quite. you won't hear any fan noise.

cheers

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response JP, what DVI to HDMI cable are you using. Is there any difference in picture quality between the iMac and mini when played back through your TV.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I am using a dvi to HDMI adaptor Got it off ebuyer i think and a HDMI cable to the TV. I cant tell the difference between the mini and Imac. both run the TV at full res.

A

Anonymous

Apologies for jumping into this thread, but I'm considering this setup (Mac Mini) for my music as well. Can I ask how you've set up the audio side of this - I've got a Pioneer SC-LX71 amp that I'll connect the HDMI side to, but as I understand it, only takes the video (I think the audio has to go via Optical cable).

The amp can actually stream music from my windows laptop via my router, but I find the whole interface really clunky and I don't believe it can cope with Apple Lossless files wirelessly (currently everything is in MP3 format, but with the new Mini, I'd want to record all my music in lossless). Do you know if the DAC in the amp would work with the lossless format when connected with Optical cable?

Cheers

Chris

A

Anonymous

HI I have a DVI to HDMI straight to the TV, then OPTO out to the amp. You are correct the dvi only takes Video. A Apple TV may be what you are after.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts