Question Setting Up New Onkyo TX-SR606

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

This question seems to fall across a few topics so I've put it home cinema. It relates specifically to my new Onkyo TX-SR606 but probably also would apply to other home cinema amps as well. So here it is:

I've set it up with a set of 4 in-ceiling speakers and as it happens to two front speakers are placed beneath the 2nd bedroom in our house. Due to it's age, there is very little space between the ceiling on the first floor and the floor on the 2nd floor meaning that when I play movies/music you can hear it in the 2nd bedroom almost like the speakers were in there!

So I'm trying to find a way that the front speakers can be switched off if someone is in the 2nd bedroom sleeping or using the computer etc. The Onkyo seems to have a function for a second "zone" that can be turned on and off and I was thinking of connecting the front speakers into this but not sure what sort of impact this would have on the sound. Does anyone know, or does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with this? Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Gnilsson

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure if you could use zone 2 like that, you might though but surely the easiest thing to do would be to simply use the TV audio only when someone is upstairs. Also, maybe you could put something around the back of the speaker to try and isolate the sound but as the depth is so shallow it might not make any difference. Perhaps an installer might be able to offer some further guidance on this?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts