Question for Oppo BDP 83 owners

Sun_Shang_Xiang

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was looking to upgrade from my original fat playstation 3 for Blu-ray playback and had decided to save up for the Pioneer Bdp-lx91but was told that the Oppo BDP 83 had better image quality for Blu-ray. The Oppo is renown for it's dvd upscaling abilities but I don't need that feature, my concern is Blu-ray playback quality.My audio equipment Pioneer Vsx1020 and Kef 8005 soundbar system is unlikely to be good enough to benefit from any audio advantage that the Pioneer has and I was wondering what Oppo owners expereince of Blu-ray image playback quality is like compared to the Pioneer or other blu-ray players. Thanks very much.

For pure 1080/24p (blu-ray) video playback, you'll struggle to notice any difference. The Pioneer LX91 is a superb player in every respect.....it certainly cannot be worse than the Oppo (especially considering that Sony S760 was better than the Oppo).

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I fully agree with Bigboss. If an unprocessed 1080p24 picture for blu ray is the aim (and it should be in my opinion), there is no difference between the various players in my experience.

Now, you are not interested in DVD you say, otherwise Oppo has the upper hand. How about CD playback?
If you intend to let your Blu Ray player handle that as well, I can strongly recommend the Oppo 83SE. Even better than the Pioneer in my opinion.

Sun_Shang_Xiang

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks bigboss & TKratz , it was too good to be true for the Oppo to surpass the Pioneer I guess I'll have to continue saving up.I use an Arcam dv139 to handle the dvd and cd playback, but many thanks for your insights.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts