Question for andrew or claire re tarantula cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is the merlin tarantula figure 8 (tested 08/05 5 stars) the right cable that would power the sony dvd 970 recorder and if it is would it help itdeliver better pics, bearing in mind my tv Pana 2006 37 inch award winner already has the tarantula mains lead (kettle type). is two leads a waste of time?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fred Scuttle"][quote user="bobbys"]Is the merlin tarantula figure 8 (tested 08/05 5 stars) the right cable that would power the sony dvd 970 recorder and if it is would it help itdeliver better pics, bearing in mind my tv Pana 2006 37 inch award winner already has the tarantula mains lead (kettle type). is two leads a waste of time?[/quote]

Sadly the whole replacement mains lead thing is a huge deception supported by those that are ignorant about technical matters. Save your money. A mains lead can't affect sound or picture quality.[/quote]

proof is in the pudding and the pudding is in my lounge i kindly invite you to see and hear the difference.let me know i post me address for you to come.

A

Anonymous

do you ever log off Andrew , dedication to the job ha ha, would not want your hours

A

Anonymous

Somebody needs educating and a listening test.

This is a person who says digital can not be affected by a cable where analogue is because its a signal. Well digital is a signal in the form of a square wave, sometimes carried on a analogue carrier. The edges of the square wave can be affected by capacitance etc of a cable, this affect means the chip (dac etc) receives a noisy edge for it to trigger to.

Mains carries spikes and noise on its sine wave this affects the circuit it supplies. Filters do a bigger job than cables but together they do a great job.

Brent

A

Anonymous

can any body answer me question as the wife might like to add the cable to me xmas list. is it worth having the cable to the dvd recorder whilst having one to the tv. is one cable enough just for tv or should i have two ?

A

Anonymous

More nice mains leads the better so yes it will benefit. The mains lead to the tv has no baring on the mains to the dvd.
With regards to the lead connection you need to look at the rear of the Sony to see what it has.
Brent

A

Anonymous

thanks for that i think its the figure 8 plug for sony and not the kettle type will put it on me xmas list. one point of note ive only seen merlin cables offering this figure 8 cable does any body know of any other cable companys that do them.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bobbys"]one point of note ive only seen merlin cables offering this figure 8 cable does any body know of any other cable companys that do them.[/quote]

I think most companies offering mains cables have versions with an IEC C7 connector - the correct name for the 'fig 8' - on the end. You should be able to find such cables on their websites, or a good retailer should be able to point you in the right direction.

A

Anonymous

thanks will check out tonight 5 stars for £35 will be hard to beat though

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts