Quad Vena

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I doubt we'll see it in the UK for some time yet..

Quad's 9AS speakers still haven't appeared here yet. (At least not according to my local Quad dealer and their Quad / IAG rep who hasn't seen them either.)

Give Quad a call.

Like chebby says it they are not available to review then I guess WHFSAV will not be going to do so until they get given one to listen to.

Keep your eyes peeled for the other hifi mags as they can sometimes get the first look-in.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
This news item rather confidently stated that the Vena would be available in May ...

http://www.whathifi.com/news/quad-vena-ampdac-to-make-its-world-debut-at-bristol-show-2014

This (December 2013) news item predicted - even more unrealistically - that the Quad 9AS active loudspeakers "are available this month for £600 per pair" ...

http://www.whathifi.com/news/quad-gets-active-with-compact-9as-speakers-with-built-in-dac

I think it's safe to say that at least one pair of 9AS speakers eventually made it into the UK (because WHF? reviewed a pair in May) but they don't seem to be in the shops over 5 months after anticipated.

If anyone spots a Vena (or a pair of 9AS) in a UK shop let us all know.

Maybe someone (who actually gives a ____ any more) could email Quad.

Maybe WHF? could ask them.

A couple of websites (hifigear and musicmatters) do list the Vena but whether they have any in stock is a different matter.

If the OP is really interested it might well be worth seeking out to audition themselves (always better than someone elses' review).

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
jerry klinger said:
chebby said:
I doubt we'll see it in the UK for some time

Well, we did see it in th UK , it was at the Bristol show in Feb.

. They played it into the esls, which didn't do either product any favours.

I am quite sure chebby meant actually on the shelves, to purchase like. :)

No doubt he will be along in a minute to confirm...

No doubt - this forum can tend towards predictability - but I expect they would sound very similar in a shop to what I heard at the Bristol show!
smiley-cool.gif

bryan

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I bought the one tested by totallywired, there were promises from Quad of delivery but I grew impatient and took the demo model -- I'm very happy with it. :)

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi guys. Just to let you know we've asked Quad for a review sample of the Vena - fingers crossed we'll be taking delivery in the not too distant future...

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
bryan said:
I bought the one tested by totallywired, there were promises from Quad of delivery but I grew impatient and took the demo model -- I'm very happy with it. :)

What speakers are you using with the Vena ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts