Quad Vena with Kef LS50 s

tazzo

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, the Kef's are rated at 85db, with KEF recomending an amp around 25 - 100w and the Vena is 45 W per Ch.

Should power them no probs, and get a really good sound. I do have concerns about the bass though, when I had the LS50's on my system, it was bass light. But then again, the Vena may have good bass.

In my opinion the Kefs would work much better with an amplifier with more grunt. Personal opinion only. You would be best auditioning yourself, preferrably at home with those speakers.

You could probably get a better match than your choice in my opinion but speakers are a very personal thing and on a forum like this you are always going to get the yehs and the no's. I would strongly suggest you try and audition to save yourself a lot of expense.

The Quad Vena is very new and I doubt many on this forum have actually got to hear it yet.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I can't see any reason why the Vena won't work well with the KEFs - as soon as our demo one turns up, I'll give it a try. When I heard it, it was with the Sonus Faber Toys, which are an easier load.

hybridauth_twitter_298537091 said:
Thanks for the feedback and welcome, much appreciated.

The main appeal of the Quad was the apt x feature but I had concerns it may not be powerful enough.

Hi David Harnett

Probably the best thing to do will be to try the combination in your room to see whether there is enough power/headroom available for your needs.

Btw, what is the size of your room?

What components/system are you currently using?

Your general listening level?

What genre of music do you listen to?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Currently using an old onkyo amp with old mordaunt speakers so really looking to upgrade.

I listen to every and all kind of music but favour clarity over deep bass, in particular at low levels.

I looked at getting the arcam a19 but the addtion of aptx to the quad has chaged that. System will be placed in my kitchen/sitting room so will have to fill the space.

Cheers

D

Hi David

Thanks for your reply.

The best thing to do will be to try the combination in your room to see whether there is enough power/headroom available for your needs and to ensure that the components also work well in the environment of your kitchen/sitting room.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts