admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

my english is not very best but i ll try to write this very shortly...

i bought a pair of quad 21l and want to know which amp to buy...

recommendations from other forums and friends are-nad 355

-quad 99 pre/909 power amp

-primare 21i

-audiolab 8000q and 8000p

my room is 15m2(3*5m) 2.6 m height....

i listen electronica,ethno music,jazz,rock...everything.

if you know better combination feel free to write it here

best regards! Dario from Croatia

A

Anonymous

thanks!

i ll try nad ...one guy sells his primare 21i for same money(500 euro)-is that a good buy?

A

Anonymous

Those speakers work very well with the Quad 909, not surprisingly.

A

Anonymous

yes but here in croatia quad 909 ex demo is 800euros...and 99pre-it would be 1200 euro!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
2nd vote for the Quad 909 but the NAD C355BEE integrated would work very well indeed too
emotion-5.gif

I demo'd the 22L2's and the 21L2's a while back with the NAD C355BEE and they were both superb speakers. Had the NAD C545BEE CDP along side as well. I demo'd the 22L2's along side the RX6's and the 21L2's along side the RX2's

It was a very VERY close call between the QUAD 22L2's and the M/A RX6's but the soundstage of the RX6's won me over but only just!

I also listen to a lot of electronica (Massive Attack, Fischerspooner, Layo & Bushwacka, Leftfield etc...) but also to a fair bit of rock and other music as well.

The QUADs did a superb job

A

Anonymous

Hi ,

I have the Quad 22L2s - I run them with Arcam amps (FMJ A32/P35) - and am very happy with what the Arcs get out of them, however I have also tried them with my NAD C352 and they also sounded good, although the Arcams give a more refined sound.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jrwight:
Hi ,

I have the Quad 22L2s - I run them with Arcam amps (FMJ A32/P35) - and am very happy with what the Arcs get out of them, however I have also tried them with my NAD C352 and they also sounded good, although the Arcams give a more refined sound.

Hmmm... Your QUAD/Arcam combo sounds superb!

I really wanted to find those Arcams on eBay and the likes before I bought my NAD gear but had no luck at all and that was looking for about 2months!

A

Anonymous

thanks Dan...Yes I am finally a very happy camper!! I've had the a32 for a while now (bought second hand) and just picked up a P35 last weekend on ebay (in Oz - P35s don't come up all that often). Hooked it all up with some chord carnival silverscreen and am really enjoying the music - adding the power amp has especially given orchestral music more detail and authority.

By the way and apologies to the OP for being OT, but the retailer who sold me the cable said he was just going to hook up a pair of the Morel fat ladies and did I want to come and have a listen....well you can imagine my answer! I've never had the opportunity to hear any really high end gear before...they were certainly amazing!

Julienne

T

the record spot

No idea, but I would definitely have a listen. Very nice kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts