QED switching box problem?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have all panasonic equipment, 42"plasma ( th42pz70 ), dvd ( dmr-ex87eb ) and theater system ( sc-pt850 ), have just subscribed to sky hd, having only 2 hdmi inputs on the tv, I have purchased the QED 4 way switching box. Before using the box, the dvd or theater system, on being turned on would automatically be recognised by the tv on the relevent hdmi input, so no messing around with the Tv remote setting the correcet input. Now, with the dvd and sky going through the switching box into HDMI input 2 on the Tv, when I turn either of the units on the TV does not automatically recognise that the HDMI input is being used and I have to switch manuelly using the TV remote ( which is a real pain, have young daughter that has a habit of losing it every day ). The question is has anyone else had this problem with the QED box, or is the box faulty, or if this is the norm is there a box that will recognise a switching signal to panasonic equipment, which is 1080p version 1.3 ?. I am using QED SR leads. Help ( i have emailed QED twice, with so far no response.)

A

Anonymous

Have you tried plugging the QED switcher into HDMI1 on the tv?

A

Anonymous

HDMI 1 and 2 according to manuel work the same ( same specification ), also now the vera link does not work ( a means by sending a signal to another unit from the tv to turn on, or link to the cinema sound. Anyone out there with panasonic gear able to shed light on the best way to link 3 hdmi into 2 hdmi sockets, with the abilty that when you turn a unit on the tv recognises it, and you havnt got to mess around switching to the relevent input via the remote? HELP

A

Anonymous

I presume this means you have tried swapping them? The HDMI1 input on Panasonic tv's does tend to auto-switch more reliably than HDMI2. Also, Viera Link is unlikely to work reliably if you are not connecting directly from recorder/home cinema to tv unfortunately.

The old fix used to be to connect Sky HD with a component cable, but I believe these connections are missing on the newer Sky boxes.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
One solution would be an all in one remote with a macro function like the Logitech Harmony range. You can program it so that when you press one button to switch the DVD player / Blu-Ray on, it will also send a signal to change the TV to the correct HDMI input.
I know it's not a fix for the issue, but it might be a good workaround.

TRENDING THREADS