Qc 35: black or silver

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm about to buy the bose qc 35. Which leaves me with one choice to make: the colour. They come in black or silver.

Just out of interest, what colour would you choose and for what reason?

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a pair too, do let us know how you get on with them, cheers.

I'd chose the black over the silver, although I don't think there's much in it really, they both look alright

Nathan

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Black although as you can't see them when you wear them it probably doesn't matter!

I have them in black and flew from Heathrow to LA yesterday. I had ten on the whole flight and they were very comfortable. When I took them off to go to the bar the sound of the plane seemed deafening! They were fab with just the NC on to get some sleep too. Awesome choice and worth every penny

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
The best noise cancelling wireless headphone I heard

This is the first headphone from Bose that I really like. It doesn't only work as a noise cancelling headphone, but also as a headphone for pure listening pleasure.

The noise cancelling is amazingly effective. Not only engine drones are filtered out; practically any outside noise doesn't reach your ears.
The moment you put them on feels like all sound is sucked out and an earily silence follows. Only are very faint hiss is audible. (Don't worry. You'll have to look for it to hear it, it's that faint.)
Wearing them at home, I was startled to see my wife right in front of me without hearing her open the door or climbing the stairs.
Compared to the akg nc60 which I also own the noise cancelling is more effective and covering a wider band. Not only bassy sounds are filtered out but also higher pitched noises, like people talking or the general hustle and bustle from the street. Akg 8 out of 10. Bose 10 out of 10.

Adding to that, the sound quality is really good. This is the first Bose headphone I would listen to for hours. It's crystal clear in presentation with a small emphasis on the bass, mainly noticable while you're listening at lower sound levels. Also the highs are very slighly rolled off. Combined with a very open sounding midrange it is close to perfect for long listening sessions.
They are close to the capabilities of the Sennheiser hd650. I haven't listened to them back to back yet, but I can say that I don't miss the hd650's at all.
Sound reproduction 8.5 out of 10. Sennheiser with good quality headamp 9 out of 10. My absolute reference is the Grado Hd1000: 10 out of 10.
From these 3 I rate the comfort of the Bose's the highest. It is feather light, the cushions are very comfortable. In fact I hardly notice I have it on.

Bluetooth works very well on short distances. It works if I keep the phone in my pocket, under my foot (don't know why anyone would do that in real life, it was just a test) and in my backpocket. I can move around freely which is a bliss.
The limits of bluetooth are brick walls and metal plates. I can move around in the same room as the source, but if I move to the room next to it or change floors than that cuts the signal.

In short: the Bose qc35 has noise cancelling that is second to none, is very comfortable, wireless and produces sounds that are very much high fidelity to my ears.
Highly recommended if you're looking for wireless headphones; reference class for noise cancelling and comfort.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Superaintit said:
They are close to the capabilities of the Sennheiser hd650. I haven't listened to them back to back yet, but I can say that I don't miss the hd650's at all. Sound reproduction 8.5 out of 10. Sennheiser with good quality headamp 9 out of 10.

Really that good? I must try some.

I usually take my 650's on the plane but they are a bit bulky to say the least and obviously not noise cancelling.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
I tried the QC35 yesterday at the airport - quite uncanny how the noise of the departure lounge virtually disappears with them on (with no music playing). Probably as good as industrial grade passive ear defenders. The SQ was very good but I wouldn't put them on the same level as the HD650, however clearly fantastic for long haul flights. I'd have to take the Senns with me as well though, for the hotel room. Quite pricey at 350 Euros in the duty free shop at Charles de Gaulle; cheaper at John Lewis.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
pauln said:
I tried the QC35 yesterday at the airport - quite uncanny how the noise of the departure lounge virtually disappears with them on (with no music playing). Probably as good as industrial grade passive ear defenders. The SQ was very good but I wouldn't put them on the same level as the HD650, however clearly fantastic for long haul flights. I'd have to take the Senns with me as well though, for the hotel room. Quite pricey at 350 Euros in the duty free shop at Charles de Gaulle; cheaper at John Lewis.

Agreed - when you get into the quiet room, you'll hear the faint background hiss and some slight sizzle in the highs. Great for travel though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts