Q acoustics 2050 review

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I see both the Q acoustics 2000 cinema and the 2010 bookshelves have been reviewed and rated highly. Are there plans to review the 2020 or 2050 in the near future?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Bizarrely enough, i've just been on the phone to Armour Group re Q Acoustics - we'll be getting a review model of the 2020 in within a few weeks, followed by the 2050. Reviews of both should be out by Xmas...

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Bizarrely enough, i've just been on the phone to Armour Group re Q Acoustics - we'll be getting a review model of the 2020 in within a few weeks, followed by the 2050. Reviews of both should be out by Xmas...

Clare, a general question on speaker reviews. Do you run in speakers before review or are they assessed straight out of the box?

T

the record spot

Clare Newsome:Bizarrely enough, i've just been on the phone to Armour Group re Q Acoustics - we'll be getting a review model of the 2020 in within a few weeks, followed by the 2050. Reviews of both should be out by Xmas...

Excellent news; really looking forward to the 2050 review especially.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
heystak:
Clare, a general question on speaker reviews. Do you run in speakers before review or are they assessed straight out of the box?

I'm not Clare (other bleedin' obvious observations are available) but yes, we run speakers for many, many hours before review. New speakers can often sound most unlike the way they eventually will sound when they're fresh from the box. Some manufacturers run in speakers before they're sent to us, but we run 'em in nonetheless.

A

Anonymous

Just wonder what the 2050's will sound like especially now that they are rear ported and the cabinets are heavier.

A

Anonymous

Still no 2050 review, when can we expect this to happen ? please

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
ive heard them.very detailed has the 2020,but good and bigger bass that does not overpower .but they are not for me.

A

Anonymous

Hi Ear

Could you describe what you don't like about the 2050's? I am looking for a speaker upgrade for my CA 640 combo but one review of the 2050's complained of harsh treble which is something I definitely want to avoid.

Cheers

Mike

T

the record spot

That's common across the reviews I've read too - lively top end, possibly not a good combo with your CA equipment...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts