Q Acoustic 1010i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey, so I'm looking to get a Denon DM37 and a pair of Q Acoustic 1010i from Richer Sounds. This is my first serious upgrade. I'm currently using a Phillips FW-R8 which I've enjoyed, but it's on it's last legs so I'm looking to buy new and hopefully find the Denon to sound much better. I would like to keep the speakers from the Phillips system as I like the sound, but I would also like to add another pair to get surround sound. I've seen the Q Acoustics 1010i reviewed on here as a home cinema package and just wondered how they would sound coupled with my existing Phillips. Or would you just bin the Phillips and look to upgrade all round? How would you compare the 1010s with, say Tannoy F1 Customs or Wharfdale 9.0's?

The music I listen to mainly is folk, instrumental rock, ambient, dub & reggae. My room is approx 6m x 7m.

As you can probably tell I'm a complete novice, so any help/replies would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

In all honesty, bi9n the old speakers, and get either the tannoy, or a pair of wharfedale 9.1's instead. They can be picked up for £100, which is a steal, and wipe the floor with the 1010s and 9.0's. They look lovely too. Get either some chord speaker wire or QED xt and they will sing.

Hope this helps a bit. Phil

A

Anonymous

The 1010i's are competent speakers - I use them in a home cinema setup.

However I have other speakers for my 2 channel system - my room is smaller than your (only 3.5m x 5m).

I think the 1010i's would struggle to fill your 6m x 7m listening room, although at £40 they are a good buy.

I would try & stretch your budget and explore bigger speakers.

A

Anonymous

Great, thanks for the help so far. I've just spoken to my local dealer, and he's also suggested BR1s. I've read past threads comparing these to Wharfdale 9.1s and Mordaunt Short Avant 902i's and they seem to be much of a much. Any preference here?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
TBH if you're going for the Deno DM37 I'd stick with the Tannoy F1's on some good stands (Soundstyle Z2'2 or Atcama Nexus 6i's etc...)

They're by far the best suited speaker for this system; better than the M/A BR1's!

The Wharfedale 9.1's and 10.1's, IMO, need better suited seperates (NAD C315BEE integrated at the minimum)

HTH
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Cheers Dan. To be honest, the DM37 is the only one I've looked at so far (online!) but would also consider the Onkyo CR435 and even the Marantz CR502, but as this is my first upgrade, would rather get the player and speakers for under 300 quid rather than nearer 450.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The Denon is a little belter and for the money it can be bought at; it's worth getting it!

IMO, asnd having heard the Marantz, the next step up from the Denon would be the Arcam Solo Mini etc...

The Marantz is OK; but not that great either. Too clinical IMO

A

Anonymous

I'm leaning towards the Tannoy's but am definitely going to give the BR1's a try. As well as my indecisiveness on the speakers, as mentioned on another thread, I've just seen a deal online on the Teac Ref 300 Mk3 system, so that has now been thrown in the mix too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts