Punchy/big bass CD player with £250-£300 budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello there ,

Im looking to upgrade my cd player and am wanting something with really punchy/big bass traits, a friend of mind has the nad 515 player hooked up with the 315 amp and the deep bass sound is absolutly amazing.....but im not sure if thats partly due to them being a matching pair??

Im wanting to hook the cd plaayer up to my ca 340a amp for the time being till i make my mind up on my new amp choice......which was going to be the nad 355 but im not to sure about the on/off switch at the rear problem lol

thankyou ....and ps sorry for being a pest (again)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
You could partner your CA amp with a Cambridge Audio Azur 540C V2 (£200) or Azur 640C V2 (£250) if you want matching components, but the best CD player in your price bracket is the Marantz CD6002 (£270).

But if you want really punchy bass, you might need to look at changing your amp as well.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andy Clough"]

You could partner your CA amp with a Cambridge Audio Azur 540C V2 (£200) or Azur 640C V2 (£250) if you want matching components, but the best CD player in your price bracket is the Marantz CD6002 (£270).

But if you want really punchy bass, you might need to look at changing your amp as well.

[/quote]

Andy, to flip the original question on its head - which amp in the up-to-£300ish bracket would give really punchy bass? Does this imply a warm rich sound too?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="taxiboy"]Hmm,punchy and warm dont seem to go together too well.[/quote]

New thread incoming......

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
By the way, taxiboy, I was referring yesterday to your response that you preferred ugly to pretty (when you were talking about your components), Richard the Third is rhyming slang for bird - as in girlfriend. I missed all the responses and mud slinging and lockdown until late last night. I apologise ifI caused offence. Back to the post. I have the Denon DCD700AE and you can get them for around £200. It has very good tight bass and the matching amp is supposed to be decent too (well everyone bar WHF seems to think so!). Worth a demo at Sevenoaks, Richer Sounds etc.,

A

Anonymous

With a £300 budget you can get the NAD C542 cd player, Job done.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
No problemo hombre! I did`nt think you were having a dig,i had`nt a clue what you meant and have never heard that phrase used to mean what you meant it to mean. No offence whatsoever just confusion!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts