Ps4 games 1080p or 720p

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I would say 90% of PS4 are 1080p. Battlefield is 900p. I think Sony are striving for 1080p/60fps as much as possible. Some games are capped at 30 frames per second, but still achieve 1080p res.

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
There's a big difference in numbers of pixels between 720p and 1080p. I think it's around twice the amount being processed. So the PS3 would struggle with higher textures, lighting etc and still manage 1080p, although I know it did manage 1080 with a few games. If you look at the XBOX one muilti plats, they are mostly 720p in comparison to the PS4s 1080p. Not sure about Tomb Raider...try Eurogamer. they do a lot of fairly in depth analysis/comparison stuff with the two consoles and p.c and it seems the PS4 is winning the graphics/resolution side of things. (Obviously not when compared to a decent gaming p.c) Whether that's important to you is your choice, I think both systems will have good games. I can notice it on my 65 inch Panny though, and I have both consoles. Is it important to you?

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Roundhead 5000,

im a Playstation fan through and through, never liked the xbox when it first came out and have stuck with Sony so I'll be getting a ps4 at some point. I was more curious just to see if the next gen console had stepped up from 720p to 1080p. The only ps3 games I have that are 1080p are the modern warfare ones, so I was just wondering if more ps4 games had made the jump.

cheers

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, the short answer is yes, definitely. I think the only games that might struggle are shooters, in that frames per second is more important when it's all about response times i.e Battlefield which is 900p res.Plus Battlefield has 64 player matches, the maps are huge.... Also the few games that are out have been developed for the old gen consoles at the same time as the new ones so I think maybe Infamous will be the first game to properly show what the PS4 can do. I still have my PS3 hooked up, on my fifth playthrough of 'The Last Of Us'. Like I said, I have both next gen consoles and PS4 is a great machine. Buy with confidence mate. :)

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Cheers Roundhead. I still have 20 games on the ps3 I haven't started yet and I haven't even purchased GTA V or beyond two souls yet so still a little while to getting a ps4 :) been playing a lot of FIFA lately as there turning off the FIFA 12 online servers at the end of month and I have a great ultimate team in it which I won't be able to use |(

cant believe your on your fifth play through of any game, I couldn't do that.

thanks for the response, much appreciated

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Slightly off topic.........

i remembered someone else having issues with dse on their panasonic tv but wasn't sure if it was you. Had a look at your system photos and noticed your pics. Was it you? Did you get it sorted in the end/what was the outcome?

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
If you haven't played The Last Of Us, I would highly recommend it. I would say in my opinion it is the best game I've ever played, and I've been gaming for thirty years. It has the +mode so the weapons and skills you've upgraded are carried over on your next playthrough, which is obviously harder but you also have better gear and that in itself is addictive and pushes you to play again.

Yes it was me with the DSE issues, I have a dark smudge on the bottom right of my screen. I have taken photos which you have seen, and sent them to the repair place that was recommended to me by Panasonic. They are sending an engineer to look at it in person, at my convenience, but I work away a lot and haven't been able to find a time suitable for them/me. Sometimes I don't notice it to be honest, and then other times it irritates me, but they know about it and I have four years left on my guarantee so I'm not going to stress over it. I've seen a lot on people on here get very frustrated - and rightly so - with Panasonic and their policies, so I'm not expecting to be treated any better than what I've witnessed here, and I didn't buy mine from John Lewis so I don't have that advantage. It will get sorted at some point. Don't think I'll be buying a Panasonic again though.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
As far as i'm aware the PS3 never played in true 1080p all game playing was 720p upscaled to 1080p, the only true 1080p during a game was the cut scenes in some games

Other true 1080p was in PS3 start menu and playing blu rays

They did do a couple of games that pushed to 1024x768 but thats about it.

Hence this has been the big thing with the new Gen consoles, why they are not playing 1080p as standard out of the box has been a big let down and then they claim they will support 4K is a bit of a joke

Though to be fair we are still in the early stages with both consoles, so if your impressed now things should only get better

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Roundhead 5000 said:
If you haven't played The Last Of Us, I would highly recommend it. I would say in my opinion it is the best game I've ever played, and I've been gaming for thirty years. It has the +mode so the weapons and skills you've upgraded are carried over on your next playthrough, which is obviously harder but you also have better gear and that in itself is addictive and pushes you to play again.

Yes it was me with the DSE issues, I have a dark smudge on the bottom right of my screen. I have taken photos which you have seen, and sent them to the repair place that was recommended to me by Panasonic. They are sending an engineer to look at it in person, at my convenience, but I work away a lot and haven't been able to find a time suitable for them/me. Sometimes I don't notice it to be honest, and then other times it irritates me, but they know about it and I have four years left on my guarantee so I'm not going to stress over it. I've seen a lot on people on here get very frustrated - and rightly so - with Panasonic and their policies, so I'm not expecting to be treated any better than what I've witnessed here, and I didn't buy mine from John Lewis so I don't have that advantage. It will get sorted at some point. Don't think I'll be buying a Panasonic again though.

ill add it to my list of games to play then, cheers :)

best of luck with the tv issue, fingers crossed for you

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Wish developers would sacrifice some special effects and things like shadows etc to ensure 60 fps and 1080p every time. Wipeout managed it on PS3. Pretty poor showing by current gen that it fails in some cases.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts